Discover PPC Online Advertising Techniques
PPC stands for Pay Per Click - a popular online
advertising technique on the Internet. Found on websites, advertising
networks, and especially on search engines, PPC online advertising
involves sponsored links that are typically in the form of text ads.
These are usually placed close to search results, where an advertiser
pays a particular amount to visitors who click on these links or
banners and land on the advertiser's web page.
In essence, PPC online advertising is all about bidding for the top or
leading position on search engine results and listings. Online
advertisers do this by buying or bidding on keyword phrases that are
relevant to their products or services - the higher the bid, the higher
the spot on the search results, the more the people will find the ad
(and click on it) to go to their websites (this is why some people call
it "keyword auctioning"). Online advertisers would then pay the bidding
price every time a visitor clicks through the website.
PPC online advertising is also known under the following
· Pay per placement
· Pay per performance
· Pay per ranking
· Pay per position
· Cost per click (CPC)
PPC online advertising is usually done with the following standard
1. Setting up an account and/or deposit funds.
2. Creating a keyword list.
3. Choosing (and setting up) an account with a PPC search engine.
4. Bidding on the ad placement, including the search result words or
5. Writing out an ad copy.
6. Setting up the 'landing pages' for your ads.
7. Placing the advertisement in the search engine.
There are many benefits to Pay Per Click online advertising, making it
an effective way of promoting a business 'online'. Some of them are
· Get launched immediately. PPC online advertisements are implemented
very quickly - they can go 'online' within an hour after winning the
bid and paying for it.
· Obtain specific, pre-qualified, and quality traffic. PPC provides you
with a quality or a well-targeted traffic. Visitors are narrowed down
into 'qualified' people who are actually looking for specific products
and/or services that you offer - those who are more likely to become a
'lead' (a convert) and complete a transaction (either by buying your
product or subscribing to the service that you are offering.
· Widen your reach. PPC online advertising provides additional traffic
to your site, aside from the natural or "organic" search engines.
· Track your investment. PPC online advertising makes use of a tracking
system that will determine exactly who comes to the website and what
they do once they arrive - the length of their stay on the site and the
number of pages (including the actual pages) that they view. These are
valuable tools in determining statistics such as return on investment
(ROI), acquisition cost-per-visitor, and conversion rates (the
percentage of visitors who are converted into customers or leads).
Below are some important things to consider when planning on a pay per
1. Know your product. Take an inventory of the product and/or services
that you have to offer (before anything else).
2. Stay within the budget. Determine your daily or monthly budget; and
stay with it. This means keeping your budget in mind, avoiding bidding
wars if possible.
3. Bid just right. Know how to bid right - a bid that is too high can
exhaust all of your money, while a bid that is too low can make you
lose that spot.
4. Watch the bottom line. Measure your profit margin against your
spending or expenses. Know when to stop and terminate your PPC program
- if you spend more on advertising but have little or no sales at all.
5. Find the right keywords. Decide which keyword phrases to opt and bid
for. Do some keyword research, either by actually looking at existing
search terms or with the use of online keyword suggestion tools, to
know which terms are mostly used when searching for items that are
related to your business. Focus on specific keywords, not on general
6. Write effective ads. A good PPC ad is that which can persuade and
move a searcher. There are several approaches to this:
· Discount offers
· Celebrity/famous endorsers
· Money-back guarantees
· Free trials or sample offers
· Reverse psychology
· Major benefits ("Lose weight")
· Direct instructions ("Click here")
7. Maintain a professional-looking site. Your web content should be
regularly updated and checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
There should be no broken links or images. The website should be simple
- designed in such a way that it will be easy for visitors to navigate
and load. Include contact details to create a good impression among
Done properly, PPC online advertising can be an effective marketing
tool that will maximize the return on your investment.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/ppc-advertising-articles/
About the Author
Lawren Smith is founder and creator of
Quest4Success Marketing, LLC, where online entrepreneurs can learn
proven marketing strategies and cutting edge techniques to grow their
business. You can find out more about her and what she does by
blog or visit: ArticleMarketingOnlineGuide.com