Link Optimization - Part II (Developing a strategy for obtaining
the article "Link
Optimization - Part I (Developing a strategy for obtaining links):"
Now we come to the natty gritty part.
What would be a good strategy to obtain reciprocal links.
In my opinion, we should follow a plan, similar to the one detailed
1. Download the Google toolbar, which is useful for checking a site's
2. Get a long list of potential link partners, by scouring over the
through search engines, or any robot software.
3. Check out each website and make sure that they are quality websites.
sure that they are not link farms, but sites which have good genuine
4. Once you have decided on the list of link partners, you must plan
5. Send e-mail to each of the website, using only the e-mail, or
that they have kept on their link pages.
Send them your link information and tell them you
interested in exchanging links with them.
6. Wait for a month, for each link partner to respond, before writing
potential link partner off.
In Step 1, we need to go to all the major search engines, namely
MSN, Ask Jeeves, All the Web, Looksmart and HotBot, and search using
"reciprocal links", "exchange links" and "link
Write down the specifications of each website, that looks good, and has
or somewhat similar interests as yours.
It would be better, if you write this down on any word processor file,
the end, save that file as an HTML file.
That way, when you open the file, in a browser, all the links will be
you to click and get to the sites.
Make sure that you list as many sites as possible, taking care to
ones, that are totally out of your area of business.
Then go to Step 2.
In Step 2, you need to load the HTML file that you saved, and load it
Internet Explorer browser, with the Google Toolbar attached to it and
need to click on each site link, from the HTML file you saved, and go
site and check it out thoroughly.
The things that you must watch out for are as below.
1. Note the Google page rank for the site. The page rank will be
you hover your mouse pointer over the tiny green graph on the Google
Make sure that the site has a page rank of 4 or higher.