Keyword Optimization - Choosing the right domain - Part I
The following are the general steps
would take in optimizing their website, using the logic and scientific
techniques of search engine optimization.
1. Find the right search words or search phrases for your business.
2. Choosing an optimized domain name for your business.
3. Web page title, meta tags, file and directory optimization.
4. Web page Content optimization.
5. Alternate text of Web page image, objects and links optimization.
6. Link building and maintenance.
First of all, one needs to understand the value of having their own
name, on the internet.
If one is serious, and if one has a long term desire to make it in the
internet, then I can safely say, that one needs to have their own
the form "Yourdomain.(com,net,biz....)".
Not only that, one must also have a professional web hosting company
This is to make sure, that the domain is on, 24x7x365, and is easily
from the internet, which is a requirement of important search engines.
It shows that
one is a serious player, and has the intention of establishing
themselves on the internet.
It also gives the website credibility to their buyers.
Who would want to spend their time and money, on websites, that are
directories of some domain, like "Yourdomain.com/Business-Name",
and are hosted on free web hosting servers, where there is no guarantee
Choosing an optimized domain name has a certain degree of importance in
But no search engine portal would give undue importance to a domain