Keyword Optimization - Part III (Web page title)
The following are, some of the
general steps, that one would take in optimizing their website, using
and scientific techniques of search engine optimization.
1. Find the right search words or search phrases for your business.
2. Choosing an optimized domain name for your business.
3. Web page title, meta tags, file name and directory name optimization.
4. Web page Content optimization.
5. Alternate text of Web page image, objects and links optimization.
6. Link building and maintenance.
The title of a
page, serves to show the users and the user
agents of search engines, as to what that page is about.
In that the
plays an important part.
A good deal of
importance must be placed in creating
the title of a web page, so that it would complement the overall search
optimization of the page.
The title must
be composed of as many key phrases as
possible, as well as be descriptive, readable and natural for the net
This way one can
serve the user better, by giving them a description of one's
web page, as well as help the search engines algorithms, in ranking
The title plays
its role as being an important element, but not the most
important ones are the quality and originality of
the web page contents, and the number and quality of incoming links.
are in place, then the title will go a long way in helping one optimize
The title of a
web page is usually placed between the tags,
<TITLE>...</TITLE>, and which is placed in the head portion
HTML document, namely between the <HEAD>....</HEAD> tags.
It is as
When optimizing the title of a web page, one may need to follow
the following guidelines.
1. First one needs to create a title, as descriptive as possible, of
One must keep in mind, that the title is a descriptive name, describing
the purpose and content of the web page.
2. Then see how many key phrases, one can add to the above title, while
maintaining the descriptiveness, readability and naturalness of the
3. One must ensure that the title length does not exceed a reasonable
like 100 characters, otherwise it could be construed as title spamming,
4. Also make sure, one does not put all letters in capitals, so as to
naturalness of the title.
If one were to follow the above procedure, they
could create good descriptive, titles with a natural feel, for the web
that they adorn.
This way, one satisfies the user, as well as the search engines.